Windows 10 ResetWritten on July 27, 2017 by Chad Warmenhoven
Using the Windows 10 Reset function built into your Puget PC
On the off chance that your PC isn't running the way it should, you're getting odd blunders or you simply need to return it to its default state, Windows 10 has great capabilities. The guide below gives various alternatives that let you refresh your PC to a prior state. Before you refresh Windows 10, it’s a good idea to save any work and back up your PC before.
- Navigate to Settings. Click the Start menu in the bottom left and select the gear icon labeled Settings.
- Select "Update & Security".
- On the left side, select "Recovery".
- Windows then provides three options: Reset this PC, Go back to an earlier build and Advanced startup. Reset this PC is the cleanest install and will return the system to it's original state sans files and applications. Advanced startup will let you boot from a recovery USB or disc and is covered HERE. Go to an earlier build is designed for Windows Insiders who would like to roll back from the current version of the OS
- Windows will now restart and over several minutes reset itself
Need help with your Puget Systems PC?
If something is wrong with your Puget Systems PC. We are readily accessible, and our support team comes from a wide range of technological backgrounds to better assist you!
Looking for more support guides?
If you are looking for a solution to a problem you are having with your PC, we also have a number of other support guides that may be able to assist you with other issues.