New Configure Tool Launched
Posted on March 24, 2009 by Jon BachShare:
Our new configuration tool was taken out of beta minutes ago. This new configure page doesn't look like much of a difference on the surface, but underneath it represents a massive code overhaul that will put us in a position to easily add new features in the future.
On the heels of this release, we're already working on adding features. Ones we have in the works:
- Virtual benchmark scores (based on scores from similar previous machines we've built)
- More detailed power supply recommendations
- PCI devices limited to available slots on motherboard
- Disk drives quantity limited to available space in chassis
- Dynamic part incompatibility warnings (covers all misc incompatibilities we've cataloged)
- Show ETA of any parts not in stock, resulting in an estimated build time
- Virtual acoustical measurements (based on measurements from previous machines)
What features would you like to see on our configure pages?
You can use our new configuration tool at: https://www.pugetsystems.com/configure.php
Please post your feedback here, and if you have any problems, be sure to include which OS and browser you are using. Thanks!