Product Line Updates: DDR3, E8600, Q9650, 9800GTX+
Posted on August 14, 2008 by Jon BachShare:
We have quite a few product line updates this week!
1) We've qualified and added DDR3-1600 memory to our line. This may seem late in the game to be adding DDR3-1600, but I think a lot of people are unaware of how rediculous the memory scene is. It is not uncommon to see memory configurations that only work with ONE stick. We think this is unacceptible, and will only add memory when we can test it sucessfully on all platforms we carry, populating all four slots. The last thing we want is to have you buy a system today with 2 memory sticks, and be suprised next year when you want to upgrade, that you cannot. We're happy to have tested full 8GB configurations using DDR3-1600.
Part detail: https://www.pugetsystems.com/part_info.php?part=4660
2) We've added the XFX 9800GTX+, which is a redesign of the 9800GTX, based on a new core, and a lower price point! It is capable of SLI and triple-SLI, and comes in about $100 cheaper than the GTX 260.
Part detail: https://www.pugetsystems.com/part_info.php?part=5548
3) We've completely revamped our laptop hard drive line, to use the Western Digital Scorpio line, in 5400RPM and 7200RPM. These are the new series from WD, and the 7200RPM uses the same power as the 5400RPM (they're just more expensive). These drives have been specifically selected as quiet drives, so you will also now find the 7200RPM drives as options in an enclosure for desktops! In enclosures, they are inaudible to even the most discerning ear.
320GB 5400RPM detail: https://www.pugetsystems.com/part_info.php?part=5549
320GB 7200RPM detail: https://www.pugetsystems.com/part_info.php?part=5552
4) A new external hard drive from WD has been added called the "My Book Studio Edition II". It comes with two 1TB hard drives, and can be configured in RAID0 or RAID1. It has Firewire 400, Firewire 800, USB2.0, and eSATA connectors. Its a great addition where we had a gap in our line!
Part detail: https://www.pugetsystems.com/part_info.php?part=5558
5) We have added the Lian-Li V1010 and V2010 cases. These are excellent cases, based on the V1000 and V2000 that were very popular with us in years past. As motherboards began using heat pipes, these cases became unusable, as they mounted the motherboards upside down (rendering the heatpipes less efficient). The V1010 and V2010 solve this problem by putting the motherboards right-side up again, and we're excited to be selling them again.
V1010 detail: https://www.pugetsystems.com/part_info.php?part=5512
V2010 detail: https://www.pugetsystems.com/part_info.php?part=5513
6) The Intel E7200 has been replaced by the E7300. It is $10 more, and is the newest in Intel's value line.
Part detail: https://www.pugetsystems.com/part_info.php?part=5539
10) The Intel E8600 has been added, the newest fastest CPU in Intel's Dual Core line.
Part detail: https://www.pugetsystems.com/part_info.php?part=5536
11) The Intel Q9650 has been added.
Part detail: https://www.pugetsystems.com/part_info.php?part=5537
If you have any questions about any of these additions or changes, feel free to ask!