Product Line Updates: New Motherboards
Posted on July 18, 2008 by Jon BachShare:
Just a few updates this week:
1) We've updated our quad Opteron motherboard to a new model -- the Tyan n6550EX. It features 32 DIMM slots, PCI-E x16 slots, and of course, quad Opteron CPUs.
2) We completely refreshed Opteron CPU line, based on new products and pricing. We are now current with the most modern Opterons, which means faster performance and lower power! We're offering two dual core and three quad core CPUs from the 2xxx and 8xxx series.
3) We've posted some minor price drops across all AMD desktop CPUs and lower end Intel desktop CPUs, as well as new pricing for XFX GeForce GTX 260 and 280 video cards.
4) The Asus P5K Premium has been updated to the Asus P5E Deluxe, which is Intel X48 DDR2.
5) The Asus P5Q3 has been added, which is Intel P45 DDR3
These two changes leave us with a very well rounded motherboard line: we have P45 in DDR2 and DDR3, we have X48 in DDR2 and DDR3, and we have nVidia 780i/790i for DDR2 and DDR3.