Vista SP1 Now Shipping
Posted on March 18, 2008 by Jon BachShare:
We are pleased to announce the immediate inclusion of SP1 (Service Pack 1) on all Puget Systems PCs running the Microsoft Vista OS.
We have personally been looking forward to this release, and the bug fixes and performance improvements it holds. Some of the most prominent changes are:
* Less UAC prompts in specific scenarios
* Improved third-party support for software and hardware
* WGA tweaked to prevent two popular activation bypass methods
* Support for DirectX 10.1
* File transfers no longer hang and take forever
* Better responsiveness in resuming, shutting down, and sleep (hibernation)
* Some “sleep” problems fixed (Many were unable to put their computer to sleep)
For a more detailed list of changes, please see http://vistarewired.com/2008/03/18/w...ially-released (from which the list above was sourced)
Vista SP1 has been added as an option on all Puget Systems configuration tools, and all orders already in progress that have not yet shipped with automatically be updated.