In order to support a M.2 drive, a motherboard with a M.2 slot is needed - but most of those slots only support PCI-E x2 speed. On motherboards without native M.2 slots, or where the native slot is only x2 speed, an expansion card can be used to adapt from PCI-E to M.2. This adapter does just that, as well as providing a heatsink to help cool the controller chips - which often get quite hot on M.2 drives. It can be used on any motherboard with a free PCI-Express x4 (or larger) slot.
Model: Bplus Technology M2P4A
Allows user to use standard PCIE base M.2 SSD to PCIe x4 in the Desktop or Laptop. Transparent to the operating system and does not require any software drivers.
- M.2 SSD to PCIe X4 adapter
- M.2 Specification Revision 0.9-3
- Serial ATA Spec. Reversion 3.2
- Support 2230/2242/2260/2280/22110 type M.2 Card dimension.
- Support M.2 Socket 3 PCI-e-based SSD Module.
- Support M.2 Key M Card Type.
- Heat Sink (92x57x8 mm) for SSD module.