- Single-chip Serial ATA interface with Native Command Queuing - Higher system performance in demanding applications, reduced drive wear and tear, and easier system integration.
- 7,200 RPM SoftSonic motor - Whisper-quiet acoustics and high reliability in a high-performance environment.
- RoHS-compliant - Significantly reduced levels of lead complies with all environmental legislation.
- Enhanced G-Force Protection - High nonoperating shock specification ensures top reliability and durability during shipment and integration.
- Single-chip Serial ATA interface with NCQ
- Best combination of performance, acoustics, and robustness in multiple high capacities
- Whisper-quiet acoustics
- Proven, reliable design
Bytes per Sector: 512
Logical CHS: 16383/16/63
Recording Method: 16/17 EPRML
Contact Start-Stops: 50000
SeaShield System: No
S.M.A.R.T. capable: Yes
Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read: 1 per 10 14
Service Life/Limited Warranty (years): 5-May
12 VDC +/-10% (amps typ operating): 2.8
5 VDC +/-5% (amps typ operating): 0.841
Power Management (watts)
Operating Temperature (*C): 0 to 60
Nonoperating Temperature (*C): 70 to -40
Operating Shock (Gs) @ 2 msec: 63
Non Operating Shock (Gs) @ 2 msec: 300
Acoustics,Idle (Bels-typ sound power): 2.8
Height (mm): 26.11
Width (mm): 101.6 >
Depth (mm): 146.99
Weight (kg): 635
Capacity and Interface
Formatted Gbytes (512 bytes/sector): 250
Interface: SATA 1.5Gb/s
Internal Transfer Rate (Mbits/sec): 760
Max. External Transfer Rate (Mbytes/sec): 150 100
Avg. Sustained Transfer Rate (Mbytes/sec): >
Average Seek (msec): 8
Average Latency (msec): 4.16
Multisegmented Cache: 8192
Spindle Speed (RPM): 7200
Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 drives with SATA and native command queuing (NCQ) provide top-performing, reliable storage for high-end PCs and advanced applications, backed up by an industry-leading five-year warranty. Their best-in-class combination of capacity, performance and support ideally suit them for ATA-based servers, low-cost NAS, and digital enthusiast PC systems. Seagate's proven NCQ technology enhances system performance and reliability while also making system integration easier.
with the Seagate SATA Barracuda 250GB.