Fractal Design Define R5 Black
[ Front Panel ]
The new R5 retains a flexible design layout. There is support for two 5.25-inch external bays and up to eight 2.5- or 3.5-inch internal drives. Two quiet 140mm fans are included, with room to fit up to five more. The front connections are located at the top of the case, directly above the front door, and include two each of USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports alongside headphone and mic plugs.
This particular version is 'Black' in color. The entire exterior is black, with some white accents internally (drive bays, expansion slot covers, and fan blades).
This case does a great job cooling your components, and dampening the noise of your system with its built-in noise dampening material. I do personally prefer the Titanium Grey version of this case instead as it provides a higher quality finish to the front door in my opinion.
Note: We have designed custom shipping materials for this case. Specially made foam and boxes provide superior protection during shipping! Click here for more details.
|Material||Plastic shell, steel frame|
|Maximum Motherboard Size||ATX|
|Height||462 mm (18.2 in)|
|Width||232 mm (9.1 in)|
|Depth||531 mm (20.9 in)|
|Net Weight||11.2 kg (24.7 lbs)|
|Maximum CPU Cooler Height||180mm|
|Maximum GPU Length||310mm or 440mm with top HD cage removed|
|Maximum PSU Length||170mm with a bottom fan or 300mm without|
|External 5.25 inch||2|
|External 3.5 inch||0|
|Internal 2.5 inch||2|
|Internal 2.5/3.5 inch||8|
|Front Panel Connectors|
|Included Fans||140mm front and rear|
|Additional Fans Possible||120/140mm front, 3x 120/140mm top, 1x 120/140mm bottom|
- Optimally designed for silent computing with high density noise-reducing material throughout the case for maximum sound absorption, while not compromising on airflow and cooling capabilities.
- Newly configured front door with dual side mounting to better fit your work space
- Maintaining a dust-free interior with the help of dust filters that cover front and bottom air intakes that are easy to access from the front on the case.
- The HDD cage system holds up to eight 3.5” or 2.5” drives and is more adaptable than ever, allowing the user to modify the case layout according to personal preference with more places to relocate the cages
- The new and innovative Quick Release System on the left side of the case provides secure mounting of the left side panel, yet grants quick and easy access to the system.
- Three-speed fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans.
- Equipped with new tool-less ModuVent™ fan slot covers allowing the user to install more fans if desired or keep fan slots covered to maximize sound absorption.
- Including two Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 140mm fans developed for superlative airflow while still maintaining low noise levels.
The Fractal Design Define R5 is the next evolution in the widely popular Define Series. Packed with intelligently designed enthusiast-oriented features delivering a silent case with powerful and expansive air and liquid cooling support, presented in a stunning Scandinavian inspired construction.
The Define R5 case reaches the highest level of silent computing through strategically placed dense sound-absorbing material, ModuVent™ fan vent covers and finely tuned Dynamic Series fans.
The Define R5 was designed with configurability in mind, accommodating up to 8 hard drives and all modern graphics card. Should you wish to expand your system with water cooling components or more fans the layout can easily be configured to meet your demand.
Configure a custom computer with the Fractal Design Define R5 Black.