Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium w/ Window
[ Front Panel ]
The new R5 retains a flexible design layout. There is support for two 5.25-inch external bays and up to eight 2.5- or 3.5-inch internal drives. Two quiet 140mm fans are included, with room to fit up to five more. The front connections are located at the top of the case, directly above the front door, and include two each of USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports alongside headphone and mic plugs.
This particular version is 'Titanium' in color. Most of the exterior is black, but the front door has a dark grey, brushed metal look - along with some white accents internally (drive bays, expansion slot covers, and fan blades). You can see a lot of the accent pieces through the side window.
This is an update to the Define R4 that we've carried for a while. From the outside they look very similar - the most noticeable difference is the style of the top panel, but you can see a shift in aesthetics elsewhere too. Noise-wise it is similar to the R4 and the older Antec P180 / 183 series cases, but it comes with a newer and quieter generation of fans. The noise reduction comes at the cost of less airflow, though, so some hardware setups may require running the fans at higher speeds to compensate. This one with a window looks really cool, but if you want as quiet as possible of operation - or added side cooling - I would switch to the non-window version.
This is a very nice case. It offers good cooling, several internal hard drive bays, along with built-in sound dampening material. This case is a couple inches shorter than most full towers, so if you are height restricted for your system, this may be a better option to consider. A downside to this case is that it has no 3.5" external bay, and just two 5.25" (DVD) bay. So if you would like to use a 3.5" media card reader, it will need to be placed in one of the two 5.25" bays, leaving just one 5.25" bay for a single optical drive. If you don't need or care for the side-panel window, consider the non-windowed Fractal Design Define R5 version, which will provide more sound dampening, and is the default case in our Puget Obsidian.
*This case gets plenty of cooling when the front door is closed. There are vents to left and right of the door designed to allow enough air in with the front door closed, and that air still gets filtered to stop the majority of dust from getting inside the system.
Note: We have designed custom shipping materials for this case. Specially made foam and boxes provide superior protection during shipping! Click here for more details.
|Color||Black Chassis, Grey Door|
|Material||Plastic shell, steel frame|
|Maximum Motherboard Size||ATX|
|Height||462 mm (18.2 in)|
|Width||232 mm (9.1 in)|
|Depth||531 mm (20.9 in)|
|Net Weight||11.2 kg (24.7 lbs)|
|Maximum CPU Cooler Height||180mm|
|Maximum GPU Length||310mm or 440mm with top HD cage removed|
|Maximum PSU Length||170mm with a bottom fan or 300mm without|
|External 5.25 inch||2|
|External 3.5 inch||0|
|Internal 2.5 inch||2|
|Internal 2.5/3.5 inch||8|
|Front Panel Connectors|
|Included Fans||140mm front and rear|
|Additional Fans Possible||120/140mm front, 3x 120/140mm top, 1x 120/140mm bottom|
- Optimally designed for silent computing with high density noise-reducing material throughout the case for maximum sound absorption, while not compromising on airflow and cooling capabilities.
- Newly configured front door with dual side mounting to better fit your work space
- Maintaining a dust-free interior with the help of dust filters that cover front and bottom air intakes that are easy to access from the front on the case.
- The HDD cage system holds up to eight 3.5" or 2.5" drives and is more adaptable than ever, allowing the user to modify the case layout according to personal preference with more places to relocate the cages
- The new and innovative Quick Release System on the left side of the case provides secure mounting of the left side panel, yet grants quick and easy access to the system.
- Three-speed fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans.
- Equipped with new tool-less ModuVent fan slot covers allowing the user to install more fans if desired or keep fan slots covered to maximize sound absorption.
- Including two Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 140mm fans developed for superlative airflow while still maintaining low noise levels.
The Fractal Design Define R5 is the next evolution in the widely popular Define Series. Packed with intelligently designed enthusiast-oriented features delivering a silent case with powerful and expansive air and liquid cooling support, presented in a stunning Scandinavian inspired construction.
The Define R5 case reaches the highest level of silent computing through strategically placed dense sound-absorbing material, ModuVent fan vent covers and finely tuned Dynamic Series fans.
The Define R5 was designed with configurability in mind, accommodating up to 8 hard drives and all modern graphics card. Should you wish to expand your system with water cooling components or more fans the layout can easily be configured to meet your demand.
- Puget Labs Article: Reversing front panel door of Fractal Define R5
Configure a gaming PC with the Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium w/ Window.