There is a power button and volume knob on the front of the unit, as well as an adjustment for gain. The best quality results will come from having your OS volume at maximum and adjusting output level via the control knob. Please also note that this has no digital pass-through of any kind: it is purely devoted to providing the best possible stereo sound output from your computer. It does have a 1/8-inch analog input, exclusively to pass through sound from other devices to your speakers / headphones; it is not an input for the computer.
The Objective DAC and Objective 2 headphone amplifier circuits are designed for the most accurate audio reproduction possible. This version from JDS Labs combines both units into one sturdy, compact package. It's fully plug-and-play up to 24-bit 96kHz without the installation of any additional drivers. Switchable gain modes allow for use with efficient low-impedance headphones while still having plenty of power for high-impedance or inefficient planar phones--this is a great option if you need some extra juice. Note that the rear outputs are direct lines from the DAC--they're always-on and unaffected by the volume control.
|Channel Output||2.0 Channels|
|Analog Output||6.35mm (1/4in)|
|DAC Line Output||RCA|
|Dimensions||4.27 x 3.15 x 1.16 in (108.50 x 80.00 x 29.50 mm)|
- REFERENCE GRADE SOUND Objective2 achieves vanishingly low THD and noise performance for audible perfection.
- LOW OUTPUT IMPEDANCE Objective2's extremely low output impedance ensures transparent frequency response for all headphone loads.
- HIGH POWER At over 600mW, Objective2 provides enough output power to drive all dynamic headphones on the market with authority.
- LOW JITTER ODAC's audibly insignificant jitter (-112 dB) proves that reference quality D/A conversion can be affordable!
- 24-BIT RESOLUTION You'll enjoy Objective2+ODAC's 24-bit audio. Impressive dynamic range and low noise give perfect clarity.
- NATURAL FREQUENCY RESPONSE Both the amplifier and DAC stages of Objective2+ODAC perform within +/- 0.1 dB of ideal frequency response.
Customized with the following options:
- Rear Power Jack
- 1/4in (6.35mm) Headphone Jack
- Dedicated RCA DAC line-output
- Medium Gain, 1.0 and 3.3x
- Fully assembled, tested Objective2+ODAC RevB Combo
- 15VAC Power Adapter
- Ferrite equipped mini-USB cable
- Rubber Feet
- Objective2+ODAC Instructions Guide
Freq. Response 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.04dB
THD+N 100 hz -0.15 dBFS 0.0028%
THD+N 20 hz -0.15 dBFS 0.0015%
THD+N 10 Khz -0.15 dBFS 0.0024%
IMD CCIF 19/20 Khz -6.03 dBFS 0.0015%
IMD SMPTE -6.03 dBFS 0.0015%
Noise A-Weighted dBu 24/96 -103 dBu
Dynamic Range (A-Weighted) > 112 dB
Linearity Error -90 dBFS 24/96 -0.08 dB
Crosstalk -10 dBFS 100K 3.5mm -86.40 dB
USB Jitter Components 11025Hz -112.3dB
Maximum Output Line Out 100K 2.1 VRMS
Distortion < 0.005%
Frequency Response 20Hz-20kHz +/-0.1 dB
THD 1 Khz 150 Ohms 0.0016%
IMD CCIF 15 Ohms 0.001%
IMD SMPTE 0.002%
Noise, A-Weighted -105 dBu
Max Output (33 Ohms) 613 mW
Max Output (150 Ohms) 355 mW
Max Output (600 Ohms) 88 mW
Output Impedance 0.54 ohms
Crosstalk (15 ohms) -65 dB
Channel Balance (50% volume) 0.6 dB
Audio Formats 16/44, 16/48, 16/88.2, 16/96, 24/44, 24/48, 24/96
Interface USB, Audio Class 1
Native Driver OS Support Windows XP & Later, OS X x86, iOS, PS4, Linux
- JDS Labs OBJECTIVE2+ODAC REV B Manual
Configure a custom computer with the JDS Labs OBJECTIVE2+ODAC REV B.